Garrigill Village Hall

Registered Charity:1000874

 

Minutes of Committee Meeting held on the

20th July 2015

 

 

 

Present: Stephen Porteous, Brian Grew, Tim Haldon, Pauline Platts, Svava Barker, Kelly Green, Glad Allen and Clive Mitchell

 

  1. Apologies for absence: Barbara Carrick

 

 

 

2.0

 

Minutes of previous meeting

 

 

ACTIONS

2.1

Proposed SP seconded PP Approved

 

 

3.0

 

Matters arising not appearing elsewhere on the agenda

 

 

 

3.1

On line calendar for booking needs updating and clarifying to avoid any double booking

ER/CM

 

4.0

 

Election of officers

Chairman

SP proposed by TH seconded PP Approved

SP stated that this will be the last year he will be Chair

Treasurer

TH proposed by SP seconded CM Approved

TH requested that there was an assistant treasurer trained up to take on the role next year

CM volunteered for this role

Secretary

BG proposed by SP seconded CM Approved

 

4.1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5.0

 

5.1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sub-committees

Financial

TH and CM

 

Premises

BG, TH and CM

 

Marketing and Events

SB, KG and GA

 

Noted that SP is automatically included in all the sub committees

 

Discussion held regarding co-optees and agreed that these can be proposed as and when required

Also noted that committees can co opt members without them becoming trustees of the VH

 

 

 

Sub-committee reports

 

Financial

TH distributed a budget v expenditure summary adopting separate accounts for the three sub committees showing net current assets of £13,799.20.

This is a satisfactory balance however given that we will not be able to rely upon bar receipts, Garrigill Estates Donation and the fireworks in the future consideration needs to be given to future fund raising

Ideas proposed included

Glamping

Campsite promotion including advertising at Dufton YH

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5.2

 

 

 

Premises

BG reported that the kitchen fire shutter had been installed and the connection to the fire alarm was commissioned

KG commented that the shower room smells musty

Agreed that this was probably due to the lack of permanent ventilation as the window was blocked up when the walling was installed. Agreed that the window opening should be cut out to allow for ventilation

TH offered to purchase a Village hall sign

BG is awaiting a quote from Lambeth Stonework for the relaying of the pavers outside the entrance

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BG

TH

 

BG

 

 

5.3

Marketing and Events

Fireworks

Decision to be made at next meeting

Letting

CM to circulate shortened version

August 15 Wedding

Awaiting confirmation if not the we should consider how to dispose of the bar stock

Carpet Bowls

We now have mats Ronnie Green to be approached to gauge any interest

 

 

 

 

CM

 

 

 

 

 

 

6.0

AOB

 

6.1

 

6.2

 

BG to contact Jules Cadie to see if he still has a copy of the list of ideas prepared in 2013

Minutes to be published on website after approval

BG

 

 

DATE OF NEXT MEETING: 21st September 7.30pm