8th August 2016

Garrigill Village Hall

Registered Charity:1000874

 

Minutes of Committee Meeting held on the

8th August 2016

 

Present: Stephen Porteus, Brian Grew, Tim Haldon, Pauline Platts, Glad Allen , and Clive Mitchell

  1. Apologies for absence: Barbara Carrick, Svava Barker and Kelly Green

 

2.0

 

Minutes of previous meeting

 

 

ACTIONS

2.1

Proposed CM seconded PP.

 

 

3.0

 

Matters arising not appearing elsewhere on the agenda

 

 

 

3.1

None

 

4.0

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finance

  1. TH distributed a budget v expenditure summary for the period 1/4/16 – 6/8/16. He advised that he was still pursuing EDC for the outstanding amount owing for the management of the public WCs

  2. TH sought approval for the purchase of some new tables –approved

  3. SP suggested that KG may wish to organise a subcommittee to consider how best to fund the new slide. He went on to say that this would not have to be limited to GVH Trustees

  4. GA offered to contact Nenthead to see if they can offer any suggestions

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TH

 

 

 

 

KG

 

GA

5.0

Premises

  1. BG distributed copies of the actions from the premises subcommittee meeting. He added that he was in the process of organising an estimate from an electrician for the electrical works and a full safety check given recent experiences with equipment tripping the fuses. He would organise a quote to plumb in the new oil

  2. Sign-no progress to date TH to report back to next meeting

  3. TH reported that the boundary wall works had been completed

  4. BG to organise a DIY day probably in October

 

 

 

 

 

 

BG

 

TH

 

 

 

 

BG

 

6.0

Marketing and Event

  1. TH proposed that we should start to plan Bar Nights, for the first Saturday of each month, in anticipation of the pub closure. He asked that a formal rota be prepared to include manning the bar and purchasing bar stock. All agreed that this was a good idea

  2. Children’s Christmas Party to be organised

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

7.0

Review of list of ideas

The list produced by LH was reviewed. It was generally agreed that we were already offering most of the suggested services or events

It was recognised that we could improve upon marketing and that the engagement of young people would be a good thing given the growing population of children in the village

 

8.0

Any other Business

 

 

8.1

 

8.2

We still need to replace Emily as a Trustee and booking clerk

 

GA gave her apologies for the next meeting

 

 

 

DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Monday 12 September 7.30pm