2nd November 2015

Garrigill Village Hall

Registered Charity:1000874

 

Minutes of Committee Meeting held on the

2nd November 2015

 

 

 

Present: Stephen Porteous, Brian Grew, Pauline Platts, Svava Barker, Clive Mitchell, Tim Haldon, Kelly Green, Glad Allen and Barbara Carrick

 

Apologies for absence: None received

 

 

 

 

2.0

 

Minutes of previous meeting

 

 

 

ACTIONS

2.1

Proposed KG seconded SB Approved

 

 

3.0

 

Matters arising not appearing elsewhere on the agenda

 

 

 

3.1

Minute 4.2 BG reported that he had yet to contact Jackson Fittings regarding the shower room floor but would endeavour to do so and report back to the next meeting

BG

 

4.0

 

Sub-committee reports

 

 

 

4.1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finance

 

TH distributed a budget v expenditure summary adopting separate accounts for the three sub committees showing net current assets of £13,542.00

 

We are currently showing a deficit of £1,145.00 for the year to date

 

TH advised the meeting that he had agreed a price of £250 for the oil tank including approximately 50-100 litres of oil. He will be looking for volunteers to relocate the tank at the back of the hall in anticipation of connection and the building of a suitable base

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TH

4.2

 

 

 

Premises

 

BG referred to the recent distribution of the existing fire risk assessment.

He emphasised that this requires approving by the committee and adopting for future use. He added that he will organise the next fire alarm test and service and will be in attendance and will advise others of the date should they wish to attend

 

BG suggested that a programme of decorating should be implemented over the winter starting with the external lobby which was in need of a high level clean and redecoration

 

BG informed the meeting that he had fixed the new key box and advised them of the new code

 

 

 

 

 

BG

 

 

 

BG

 

 

 

 

4.3

Marketing and Events

Christmas Party

Saturday 19th December possibly themed night smart attire required

Hall to be “dressed” appropriately

Bar to be open in hall

Welcome drink and nibbles available but no food

Ticket price £5 probably any profits to go to charity

Flyer to be distributed in Garrigill by PO and posters at key locations in Alston Moor

Hall can only legally accommodate 100 so first come first serve

Hall Christmas tree to be located

Final details at next committee meeting

Beer Festival-discuss at next meeting

Comedy Night-CM to issue further but sounds very promising

Rob Clement-provisionally allocated for Spring 2016

Christmas lights-BG to look into purchase

Christmas tree-Jeff Carrick to provide BC to remind!

Jules Cadie Event- agreed that JC could use the Hall on the assumption that it did not clash with any other bookings and that given the two week duration of the vent (30th November -11th December) a contribution to the heating and lighting costs should be sought

Ad Hoc Bookings-Kenny and Paula to be given ER, BG and CM phone numbers to provide any one who requests an overnight stay that has not booked. BG to look into getting these printed on cards for ease of distribution

TH to purchase sleeping bags and liners to facilitate those that arrive with no bedding

Cycling Event-BG to contact Paul Marshal to see if he would be interested in organising another event for July 2016

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SB & KG

 

CM

BG

BC

 

 

 

 

 

 

BG

 

TH

 

BG

5.0

Title Deeds

CM advised the meeting that he thought that the freehold was owned by the RC Catholic trust and was still researching the land registry and public index search

He will report back to the next meeting

 

6.0

6.1

 

AOB

TH advised the meeting that he will have to update HG’s contract to reflect her holiday pay entitlement

 

 

TH

 


 

DATE OF NEXT MEETING: 2nd December 7.30pm