18th January 2016

Garrigill Village Hall

Registered Charity:1000874

 

Minutes of Committee Meeting held on the

18th January 2016

 

 

Present: Stephen Porteus, Tim Haldon, Kelly Green and Clive Mitchell

 

  1. Apologies for absence: Brian Grew, Pauline Platts, Svava Barker, Emily Robson

 

 

 

2.0

 

Minutes of previous meeting

 

 

ACTIONS

2.1

Proposed TH, seconded KG. Approved.

 

 

3.0

 

Matters arising not appearing elsewhere on the agenda

 

 

 

3.1

None

 

 

4.0

 

Sub-committee reports

 

 

4.1

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finance

 

(i) TH distributed a budget vs expenditure summary. He reported that the Christmas Party had made a profit of about £450 of which it was agreed that £150 be donated to Cumbria Flood Relief Appeal. The committee formally thanked KG and SB for their sterling efforts.

(ii) TH reported that the Parish Council's annual contribution towards the maintenance of the hall and public toilets would be £500 and £550 respectively.

(iii) TH advised that the Parish Council would be prepared to contribute £200 towards the £750? cost of a public notice board on the village green. It was unclear as to who would fund the balance but the village hall was willing to make a contribution.

(iv) TH presented a £200 donation from Julie Horrocks in Rex's memory which the committee received with grateful thanks. The Chairman to write to Julie to express the committee's appreciation.

 

 

 

 

TH

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SP

4.2

Premises

 

The members considered BG's Premises Report:

(a) Shower Room: Nothing further having been heard from Jackson's Fitting, it was agreed that BG again request them to remedy the defective drainage installation.

(b) Fire Risk Assessment: BG's report to be discussed at next meeting when BG in attendance.

(c) Building Work: Agreed that Stephen Bell be asked to quote for relaying uneven paving near entrance and some brickwork repairs, plus a separate quote for reinstating the shower room window.

(d) Disabled Parking: agreed that BG approach Cumbria County Council highways with a view to the creation of a dedicated disabled parking space in response to concerns received.

 

 

 

 

 

BG

 

 

 

 

BG/TH

 

 

BG

4.3

Marketing and Events

 

(i) 2016 Christmas Party: to be held on Saturday 17th December 2016. KG/SB to produce flyers for door to door delivery.

(ii) Hall hire charges review: held over to next meeting

(iii) Cycling Event: BG is awaiting suggested dates from Paul Marshall who had raised camping and parking issues. Enquiries to be made locally as to availability of potential off-road parking areas.

(iv) Comedy Night: Agreed that as John Lebbon not amenable to the hall's standard hire terms, the event could not proceed.

(v) Beer Festival: SP to discuss with Kenny the idea of a joint hall/pub festival, perhaps on August Bank Holiday weekend. SP also to ask CAMRA for other local festival dates to avoid conflict.

(vi) Upcoming gigs: Broom Bezzums early March (Sunday 6th?). Rod Clements (Lindisfarne) possibly available (beer festival?) – SP to contact his agent.

(vii) Winking Sheep Sportive: BG awaits a proportion of the £200 promised to Alston Moor for marshalling duties. He has agreed with the organisers that the food stop be in Garrigill instead of Alston.

 

 

 

 

 

 

BG

 

 

 

 

SP

 

 

 

SP

 

 

 

 

5.0

Secretary's Report

 

 

5.1

(i) The 2015 Charities Commission Report had been completed.

(ii) The cost of the Performing Rights licence has increased significantly (as based on 2014/15 turnover). BG to pursue.

 

 

BG

6.0

Any Other Business

 

 

6.1

 

 

 

(i) Oil Tank: It was agreed that an an approach be made to Stephen Bell for assistance with the relocation of the replacement tank.

 

(ii) Folding tables: The members inspected and approved the sample replacement table TH had obtained. The ordering of new tables to be discussed at the next meeting along with the possibility of grant finance for tables and new chairs.

 

(iii) Hall Cleaning: Users' instructions to incorporate a requirement to leave the hall in a clean and tidy condition. There is a need for an industrial size mop and bucket.

 

(iv) Agreed that the date of May's AGM be decided at the next meeting.

 

 

TH

 

 

 

DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Monday 14th March 7.30pm