17th July 2017

Garrigill Village Hall

Registered Charity:1000874

 

Minutes of Committee Meeting held on the

17th July 2017

 

 

 

Present: Stephen Porteus, Glad Allen, Brian Grew, Svava Barker, Tim Haldon, Kelly Green, Amy Carrick, Kim Carrick and Clive Mitchell

 

  1. Apologies for absence, Pauline Platts, Barbara Carrick

 

 

 

 

2.0

 

Minutes of previous meeting

 

 

ACTIONS

2.1

Proposed KG Seconded BG

 

 

3.0

 

Matters arising not appearing elsewhere on the agenda

 

 

 

3.1

None

 

4.0

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5.0

 

 

 

 

 

 

Election of Officers, Co optees and sub committees

 

The following were re-elected unanimously

 

Chairman Stephen Porteus

 

Treasurer Tim Holden

 

Secretary Brian Grew

 

Co-optee Amy Carrick

 

Sub Committees

 

The following sub groups were constituted as follows: -

 

Finance Tim Holden Kelly Green (Assistant Treasurer)

 

Premises Brian Grew, Tim Holden Clive Mitchell

 

Marketing and events Svava Barker, Kelly Green, Amy Carrick, Kim Carrick, Glad Allen

 

 

Finance

 

TH distributed a budget v expenditure summary showing a cash reserve of £12,291. We are currently projecting a loss for the year of £1165 mainly attributed to the exceptional water bill

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

6.0

Premises

  1. BG informed the meeting that he had spoken to Norman Currah and was still trying to arrange a date to consider the work in the shower room.

  2. TH reported that he had constructed the fire pit and had installed the lights to the bunkroom. He has also refixed the basketball hoop

  3. TH reported that there was no interest in resurrecting the Quoits pitch

  4. CM is to research grant possibilities of circa £500

  5. BG to organise a DIY day

  6. TH reported that we need to purchase a replacement sit on mower next year

  7. SP reported that he had received very positive comments regarding how clean the toilets are and suggested that we place a sign suggesting donations

  8. TH and AC to explore procuring signs for the VH advertising the campsite and bunkroom

 

 

 

BG

 

 

 

 

 

CM

BG

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TH/AC

 

6.0

Marketing and Events

 

  1. BBQ tickets will be £7 for Adults and £3.50 for children. This will entitle recipients to a burger and hot dog

Event starts at 4.30pm with Music from 7pm. Help will be required to set up the tents on Saturday morning

 

  1. BG reminded the meeting that the Winking Sheep Sportive was on Sunday 27th August BG and SB to be Marshalls and KG and Elaine grew will be attending the food station. BG to confirm times

 

  1. BG suggested that we offer continental breakfast and Evening Meals in the form of ready meals that would be stored in the freezer. Breakfast would be £5 and the evening meal would be based upon a menu to be posted in the kitchen. All agreed that we should trial this and CM to publicise on the website. Guests would be asked to pre book if required

 

  1. Quiz nights to considered later in the year

 

 

 

KG

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BG

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BG

7.0

Any other Business

 

 

 

 

 

  1. None

 

 

 

 

 

DATE OF NEXT MEETING: 11th September 7.30pm