16th January 2017

Garrigill Village Hall

Registered Charity:1000874

 

Minutes of Committee Meeting held on the

16th January 2017

 

 

 

Present: Stephen Porteus, Brian Grew, Pauline Platts, Glad Allen, Barbara Carrick, Kelly Green and Clive Mitchell

 

  1. Apologies for absence Svava Barker, Tim Haldon

 

 

 

2.0

 

Minutes of previous meeting

 

 

ACTIONS

2.1

Proposed KG seconded BC.

 

 

3.0

 

Matters arising not appearing elsewhere on the agenda

 

 

 

3.1

None

 

4.0

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finance

 

  1. BG enquired whether any progress had been made regarding the unusual water bill recently received. SP responded that he and TH were exploring the possibility of obtaining a rebate on the basis that the charge is made up of supply and drainage. He added that we would remind them that we are a charity. An update to be provided at the next meeting

  2. TH had distributed a budget v expenditure summary by e mail prior to the meeting. Questions were asked regarding the nett income received for the Christmas Party.

  3. KG enquired as to the terms and condition for our cleaner. Agreed that she would contact TH for clarification.

  4. BC advised the meeting that there was a contribution of £27 toward the new slide. Suggested that contact should be made with Alastair Smith and Abbey Collins as representatives of all the major estate owners to see if they are able to offer any contributions towards the slide

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TH

 

 

 

TH

 

KG

 

 

 

 

KG

5.0

Premises

  1. BG advised the meeting that the Cumbria Fire Brigade had visited the premises and were satisfied with our fire precautions

 

 

 

 

 

6.0

Marketing and Event

 

 

  1. After much discourse it was decided not to pursue the Beer Festival however the following possible events were to be considered:

 

 

  • Monthly Quiz nights the next one in February to include Pie and Pea Supper

  • Music Nights-SP to check with JC

  • An event in March

  • Themed Night as the previous “40s night”

  • BBQ probably in the campsite

  • Easter Egg Hunt

 

Update at next meeting

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SP

 

 

 

 

GA/ KG

 

7.0

Any other Business

 

 

 

 

 

  1. We still need to replace Emily as a Trustee and booking clerk. CM to speak to possible booking clerk cadidate

  2. Christmas tree in the Village Green was discussed. BG advised that this was discussed at the last Parish Council Meeting at the Village Hall and was being considered.

 

 

CM

 

 

DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Tuesday 14th February 7.30pm