16th February 2017

Garrigill Village Hall

Registered Charity:1000874

 

Minutes of Committee Meeting held on the

16th February 2017

 

 

 

Present: Brian Grew, Svava Barker, Tim Haldon, Pauline Platts, Kelly Green and Clive Mitchell

 

  1. Apologies for absence Stephen Porteus, Barbara Carrick, Glad Allen,

 

 

 

2.0

 

Minutes of previous meeting

 

 

ACTIONS

2.1

BG advised the meeting that he had received some comments from SP regarding 4.4 and he would amend the minutes accordingly. Subject to the aforementioned amendments proposed BG seconded CW.

 

 

3.0

 

Matters arising not appearing elsewhere on the agenda

 

 

 

3.1

None

 

4.0

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finance

 

  1. TH distributed a budget v expenditure summary and confirmed that these reflected the income from the Xmas party. TH estimated that the nett profit was £340.

  2. BG enquired as to whether any progress had been made in obtaining the £1000 owed to us by EDC. TH responded saying that he now had a contact in Technical Services that he would pursue

  3. TH advised the meeting that Alan the cleaner was ill at present and undertaking tests.KG suggested that Nicola may be interested in the cleaning job and would enquire.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TH

 

 

KG

 

5.0

Premises

  1. BG enquired as to whether TH and CM still intended to install some additional lighting in the bunk house. TH replied that they still intended to carry out the work when the redundant loose roof insulation is removed

  2. CM suggested that another premises meeting should be organised adding that the campfire gates hinges needed some attention.

  3. TH suggested that we should consider providing a fire pit in the camp site

  4. TH reported that there was some interest in resurrecting the Quoits pitch

 

 

 

 

TH

 

 

BG

 

6.0

Marketing and Events

 

  1. Easter Egg hunt-KG to speak to GA

  2. Quiz nights first Wednesday of each month

  3. Jan from Langwathby has expressed an interest resuming her food service

 

 

KG

 

 

 

7.0

Any other Business

 

 

 

 

 

  1. Booking clerk still needed. BG offered to provide this service during April and May as he will be house bound post op.TH to offer some training

 

 

 

BG/TH

 

 

DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Tuesday 19th April 7.30pm