14th March 2016

Garrigill Village Hall

Registered Charity:1000874

 

Minutes of Committee Meeting held on the

14th March 2016

 

 

 

Present: Brian Grew, Tim Haldon, Pauline Platts, Svava Barker, Kelly Green, Glad Allen, Emily Robson and Clive Mitchell

 

  1. Apologies for absence: Barbara Carrick and Stephen Porteus

 

 

 

2.0

 

Minutes of previous meeting

 

 

ACTIONS

2.1

Proposed SB seconded TH.

 

 

3.0

 

Matters arising not appearing elsewhere on the agenda

 

 

 

3.1

None

 

 

4.0

 

Sub-committee reports

 

 

4.1

 

 

 

 

 

 

Financial

 

  1. TH distributed a budget v expenditure summary. He reported that we were projecting a loss for the year mainly due to expenditure on the Roller Shutter and the increased premium for the music licence

 

  1. TH recommended that the Barclay bank account be closed as it is inactive. Agreed

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4.2

Premises

  1. BG reported that he had received a quotation from Steven Bell as follows:-

 

Relay paving £680

 

Work to vents £100

 

Relay shower room floor £1200

All plus vat

 

Agreed that BG would seek another quote for the floor from Norman Currah and contact Jackson Fittings one more time to see if they will remedy the problem

 

(ii) TH is to seek prices for a new VH sign and also contact CCC to have the road sign replaced. He estimated the cost to be £40

 

(iii) BG reported that the PAT had been undertaken

 

(iv) BG reported that he met with CCC highways and that they are considering the provision of dedicated Disabled Access to the Hall

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BG

 

 

TH

 

4.3

Marketing and Events

 

 

  1. Beer festival has a provisional date of weekend of 17th September

  2. Jazz Festival 26th March help required to set up the hall on the day between 4 and 5pm

  3. Cycling Event now to the 31st July BG monitoring and will report back at next meeting

  4. Hall Hire Charges, agreed to leave as they are at present

  5. ER announced that she would be resigning from the VH committee on April 1st. All thanked Emily for her sterling work particularly as the booking secretary. There was no volunteers to take on the role

BG commented that he had been receiving calls from people trying to book the hall and both the e mail address and telephone was not working

TH added that he was making changes to the e mail address and that could be the cause of the problem

 

 

 

SP

 

All

 

 

BG

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

5.0

Review of Policies

 

5.1

 

 

 

All the current policies were reviewed and deemed current and appropriate

Discussion was held regarding our current insurance policy. CM to review the policy and comment

Agreed that we should develop a H&S policy BG to prepare and distribute for comment

 

 

 

 

CM

 

6.0

Fire Risk Assessment

 

6.1

BG thanked CM for his comments and recommended that the revised policy was adopted

All agreed

 

 

 

7.0

Any other business

 

7.1

KG reported that the see saw was broken and requested that we consider the purchase of a slide

KG to obtain prices for both the slide and safety landing mats

 

BG reported that we would be liable for the Electric Bike insurance from May 1st. He added that AMP and AONB are looking at alternative ways of sustaining the scheme in Alston Moor and will report back to the next meeting

 

 

 

 

KG

 

 

 

BG

 

 

DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Monday 25th April 7.30pm AGM 23rd May