14th June 2016

Garrigill Village Hall

Registered Charity:1000874

 

Minutes of Committee Meeting held on the

14th June 2016

 

 

 

Present: Stephen Porteus, Brian Grew, Tim Haldon, Pauline Platts, Svava Barker, Kelly Green, and Clive Mitchell

  1. Apologies for absence: Barbara Carrick and Glad Allen

 

2.0

 

Minutes of previous meeting

 

 

ACTIONS

2.1

Proposed KG seconded SB.

 

 

3.0

 

Matters arising not appearing elsewhere on the agenda

 

 

 

3.1

None

 

 

4.0

 

Election of officers, co-optees and sub committees

  1. Chairman

SP proposed by CM seconded PP re-elected

  1. Treasurer

TH proposed by KG seconded PP re –elected

  1. Secretary

BG proposed by SP seconded KG re-elected

  1. Sub committees

Marketing and events-SB and KG

Premises-BG,TH and CM

Finance-TH

 

 

 

5.0

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finance

  1. TH distributed a budget v expenditure summary for the period 1/4/16 – 13/6/16. He emphasised the importance of achieving the income projections included in the budget particularly for overnight accommodation. We will benefit from the proceeds of the Garden gander and exceptional events such as the use of the VH for a polling station. He went on to say that he was pursuing EDC for the outstanding amounts for the maintenance of the WC.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TH

6.0

Premises

  1. Caretaker-BG enquired whether we now have a new cleaner? TH confirmed that it was mark from St Johns House. TH agreed to prepare an appropriate Job Description

  2. Slide- KG reported that she was seeking funding in support of the new slide purchase including grant funding

  3. Sign-no progress to date TH to report back to next meeting

  4. SB enquired about the repairs to the boundary wall. TH offered to obtain a quote

  5. Sub-committee meeting-BG to organise

 

 

 

 

TH

 

KG

 

TH

 

 

TH

 

BG

 

 

7.0

Marketing and Events

  1. Beer festival- after consideration of SP e mails it was decided not to pursue this year but to be reconsidered early in 2017

  2. Christmas Party-Saturday 17th

  3. Winking Sheep-28th August BG confirmed that the VH is the venue for the first food station and would be seeking volunteers to man the station and also act as Marshalls

  4. Booking clerk-we still do not have one Mark and Paul to be approached

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BG

 

 

CM/TH

8.0

Any other Business

 

 

 

 

 

TH advised the meeting that we were now on one of the main PW websites

BG stated that the review of the events list would be included on the next meeting agenda

 

 

 

 

 

 

DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Monday 8 August 7.30pm AGM 23rd May